June 17, 18, 19, 2016
No Entry Fee
All Hayward Waters Included
The Hayward Lions support children learning to fish and developing sportsmanship and life skills. All children ages 12 and under who enter the contest receive a tackle bag.
Lottery Drawing & Category Prizes
Sunday, June 19th at 11:30am
Lions Fish Booth – Downtown Hayward
*Must be Present to Win
The generous donations of many area businesses and organizations help make this contest possible.
Catch & Release:
- All Hayward Area Waters are included
- All fish entered must meet or exceed posted minimum sizes.
- All Wisconsin Fishing & Boating Rules apply.
- Fish must be caught & released from sunrise on Friday of event weekend through 10:30am Sunday of event weekend.
- Released fish must be measured and released ALIVE in the presence of at least one witness.
- Registration is at Lions Fishing Booth, downtown Hayward, on Second Street, from 10:00am Friday until 10:30am on Sunday of event weekend.
- All decisions of the judges are FINAL!!!
- Any infraction of these rules will call for immediate disqualification. i.e. No ruler in photo of fish (except for panfish)
- The Hayward Lions Club reserves the right to reject any registration.
- Entrants MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN.
- There must be a release form completed for each fish released.
- SIZE & BAG LIMITS: BECAUSE LENGTH OF FISH AND FISH LIMITS VARY FROM LAKE TO LAKE, PLEASE REFER TO CURRENT YEAR’S FISHING REGULATIONS.
- First and Second prizes will be awarded in all fish categories.
- Fish entered to be judged by length, as verified by measuring device in photo. This verification will circumvent need for second witness outside of contestant’s boat. An additional photo should be taken for photo contest. Date and time should be on photo.
- 8 different fish categories. 1st and 2nd prizes. Adult & children and under divisions.
- Date and Time recording for all photos.
- There must be a release form completed for each fish photograph.
- All released fish must be caught and released alive on dates noted for the fishing contest.
- Bring in any good fish photo. Stop by Wal-Mart or Walgreens all weekend to get your free 5 x 7 fish photos.
- All photos must be on photo quality paper and only 5 x 7 to be eligible for 1st – 4th places, (signature is required on form) ________ give my permission to use my photo for promotional purposes (news release or newspaper)
- Deadline for submitting photos is Saturday by 5:00pm and become property of the Hayward Lions Club.
ONE FREE RAFFLE TICKET PER CONTEST ENTRY. ADDITIONAL TICKETS ARE $1.00 EACH OR 6 FOR $5.00. RAFFLE DRAWING WILL BE HELD ON SUNDAY, JUNE 19TH AT 11:30AM. AT THE FISHING BOOTH. MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN. ONLY ONE PRIZE PER ENTRANT IN THE DRAWING.
The Hayward Area Lions Club encourages Catch & Release and supports the efforts of local sportsmen and conservationists in preserving sports fishing in the Hayward area lakes.