Please check back soon for a 2019 Registration Form!
The Hayward Lions support children learning to fish and developing sportsmanship and life skills.
Lottery Drawing & Category Prizes
Lions Fish Booth – Downtown Hayward
*Must be Present to Win
The generous donations of many area businesses and organizations help make this contest possible.
Catch & Release:
- All Hayward Area Waters are included
- All fish entered must meet or exceed posted minimum sizes.
- All Wisconsin Fishing & Boating Rules apply.
- Fish must be caught & released from sunrise on Thursday of event weekend through 3 pm Saturday of the event weekend.
- Released fish must be measured and released ALIVE in the presence of at least one witness.
- Registration is at Lions Fishing Booth, downtown Hayward, on Second Street, from 10 am Friday until 3 pm on Saturday of the event weekend.
- All decisions of the judges are FINAL!!!
- Any infraction of these rules will call for immediate disqualification. i.e. No ruler in the photo of the fish (except for panfish)
- The Hayward Lions Club reserves the right to reject any registration.
- Entrants MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN.
- There must be a release form completed for each fish released.
- SIZE & BAG LIMITS: BECAUSE LENGTH OF FISH AND FISH LIMITS VARY FROM LAKE TO LAKE, PLEASE REFER TO CURRENT YEAR’S FISHING REGULATIONS.
- First and Second prizes will be awarded in all fish categories.
- Fish entered to be judged by length, as verified by measuring device in the photo. This verification will circumvent the need for a second witness outside of contestant’s boat. An additional photo should be taken for the photo contest. Date and time should be on the photo.
- 8 different fish categories. 1st and 2nd prizes. Adult & children and under divisions.
- Date and Time recording for all photos.
- There must be a release form completed for each fish photograph.
- All released fish must be caught and released alive on dates noted for the fishing contest.
- Bring in any good fish photo. Stop by Wal-Mart or Walgreens all weekend to get your free 5 x 7 fish photos.
- All photos must be on photo quality paper and only 5 x 7 to be eligible for 1st – 4th places, (signature is required on form) ________ give my permission to use my photo for promotional purposes (news release or newspaper)
- Deadline for submitting photos is Saturday by 3 pm and will become the property of the Hayward Lions Club.
ONE FREE RAFFLE TICKET PER CONTEST ENTRY. ADDITIONAL TICKETS ARE $1.00 EACH OR 6 FOR $5.00. RAFFLE DRAWING WILL BE HELD ON SATURDAY, JUNE 22ND 6:30 PM. AT THE SEVENWINDS CASINO MAIN STAGE. MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN. ONLY ONE PRIZE PER ENTRANT IN THE DRAWING.
The Hayward Area Lions Club encourages Catch & Release and supports the efforts of local sportsmen and conservationists in preserving sports fishing in the Hayward area lakes.